Please read the below disclaimer carefully.
A. Agreement between user and Oticon Medical
1. “Oticon Medical” means:
For Bone Anchored Hearing Systems: Oticon Medical AB, a limited liability company, registered in Askim under registration No. 556741-3132 and having its registered address at Datavägen 37B, 436 32 Askim, Sweden, or any corporation or other entity controlled by Oticon Medical AB or affiliated to Oticon Medical AB.
For Cochlear Implants: Neurelec SAS, a limited liability company, registered with Antibes trade register under number 487 829 574 RCS ANTIBES and having registered address at 2720 Chemin Saint-Bernard, 06224 Vallauris Cedex, France, or any corporation or other entity controlled by Neurelec SAS or affiliated to Neurelec S.A.S.
B. User information
1. We may request, in order for you to use certain areas of this Website, that you register, create a user or member name, create a password, or otherwise log in with your email address or with a user or member name that you select. In the event that your use of or participation in any portion of this Website requires that you register, create a user or member name, create a password, or otherwise log in with your email address, you agree that:
(a) You shall not (i) select or use a user or member name or email address of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use, without authorisation, a user or member name or email address that belongs to anyone other than you or that is subject to the rights of any person other than you; (iii) use a user or member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a user or member name that Oticon Medical, at its sole discretion, deems offensive; and
(b) You shall take any and all actions necessary to maintain the privacy of your password.
C. Agreement not transferable
D. Use of bulletin boards, chatrooms and other communication forums
2. You agree not to upload, post or otherwise make available any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right on this Website, without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right rests on you. You shall be held solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting or submission.
3. You agree not to upload files to this Website that contain viruses, corrupted files or other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person’s computers, software, websites or network. You will be solely responsible for damages arising from any claims that files posted by you caused damage to the operation of another person’s computer, software, websites or network.
E. Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
1. Use at own risk. You agree that use of this Website is at your own risk. Oticon Medical does not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of this Website or as to the accuracy, reliability or contents of any information provided through this Website.
2. Warranty disclaimer. The contents of this Website are provided by Oticon Medical as a service. This Website does not contain all information that may be relevant to hearing loss issues in general, or to your situation or any other individual’s situation in particular. All contents provided on this Website are only general information regarding hearing loss issues and are intended only to facilitate communication between you and your hearing care or other professional healthcare provider. Contents provided on this Website are not intended as and cannot provide either a diagnosis of a specific problem or condition or a specific recommendation of the appropriate treatment. Contents provided on this Website should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional hearing care or other care. All specific questions you may have about your hearing loss condition, treatment, care or diagnosis should be presented to your own professional hearing care or other professional healthcare provider. Oticon Medical is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your reliance on or your use or misuse of any information presented or contained on this Website.
Except if expressed and unambiguously stated otherwise, Oticon Medical does not in any way endorse, operate, control or assume responsibility for any information regarding any services offered or provided by any third party that or who may be listed on or linked to this Website, including any hearing care centre or service provider that or who may be listed on or linked to this Website.
This Website may include contents provided by third parties and users. For any and all such contents, Oticon Medical is a distributor and not a publisher. Oticon Medical has no more editorial control over such contents than does a public library or news stand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties (including hearing care centres and other professional hearing care service providers and other merchants and licensors) are those of the respective authors or distributors of such contents and not of Oticon Medical. Oticon Medical makes no warranty as to the completeness, accuracy, currency or reliability of information published by Oticon Medical on this Website.
When using this Website, information will be transmitted over a medium, which is beyond Oticon Medical’s control and jurisdiction. Accordingly, Oticon Medical assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of this Website. Oticon Medical expressly disclaims any warranty that the services or contents provided by or on this Website will be uninterrupted as to the results obtained from use of the services or contents. The services and contents are distributed on an “as is, as available” basis, and Oticon Medical makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
By using this Website you acknowledge that your use of this Website is at your own risk, that you assume full responsibility for all risk associated with your use of this Website, including without limitation responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this Website.
4. Linked websites. Oticon Medical does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any product or service offered by a third party through this Website and will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and any third-party provider or products or services.
G. Links to third-party sites
1. This Website may contain links to other websites operated by parties other than Oticon Medical. Such links are provided for your reference only. Oticon Medical is not responsible for the availability of these external sites, nor is it responsible for any of the content, advertising, products or other materials on such external sites. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective website operator.
I. Copyright and limitations on use
1. The Content made available through this Website by Oticon Medical is the property of Oticon Medical and/or Oticon Medical’s licensors and is protected by copyright and other applicable laws. Oticon Medical reserves all rights. Information received through this Website may be displayed, reformatted and printed for your personal, non-commercial use only if you include the following copyright notice: “Copyright © 2010 Oticon Medical AB. All rights reserved.” and any and all other copyright and proprietary rights notices that were contained in the Content. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the information received through this Website to anyone, including but not limited to others in the same company or organisation, without the express prior written consent of Oticon Medical.
4. You expressly grant to Oticon Medical the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and sub-licence any message posted in, on or through this Website (in whole or in part) worldwide, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
1. “Oticon Medical”, “OptiGrip™”, “OptiFit™”, “Ponto™”, “Digisonic®” and “Saphyr®” and other trademarks appearing on this website are registered trademarks owned or licensed by the Oticon Medical Group. All rights reserved. Reproduction, in whole or in part, is prohibited without express prior written permission.
2. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
3. Velox S™ and OpenSound Navigator™ are registered trademarks of Oticon A/S. All rights reserved.
1. You agree that any link from a website that you own, control or author, in part or in full, to this Website shall be exclusively to www.oticonmedical.com or any web page within this Website. You agree that you shall make no link from a website that you own, control or author, in part or in full, if that website contains any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, reflects negatively on Oticon Medical, or is otherwise objectionable, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence.
L. Governing law
If you do not wish to download cookies onto your computer, you can block them through your browser’s tool menu. However, if you do choose to block cookies, Oticon Medical cannot guarantee the correct functioning of its websites. You are always welcome to contact us for further information, either by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +46 (0)31 748 61 00.
N. Reservation of Rights
1. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.