At Oticon Medical, we are at the forefront of the latest hearing implants technology, constantly working to improve implantable hearing solutions for our users to strengthen and develop our business. We are a growing international company with many opportunities for professional and personal development. You will be part of a dynamic environment built on trust and openness, where you will find a strong will to succeed.
You will be part of Oticon Medical R&D in Sophia Antipolis (nearby Nice), You will be working in a multi-disciplinary and technologically advanced product innovation team together with electro-acoustic engineers, software designers, audiologists and embedded system designers
Your main responsibilities include:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience (health authorities)
- Engage with engineers, product managers, technical subject-matter experts, and other technical writing team members to ensure the technical accuracy of the documentation
- Write technical summary and conformity report to explain the product and its compliance with the applicable standards
- Plan, create and continuously improve technical documentation in English for a variety of audiences
- Adhere to timelines and manage deliveries towards multiple projects simultaneously
- Interpret non-clinical and clinical data in the preparation of various technical reports.
- Create self-explanatory outbound documentation (Compliance Reports, Device Descriptions, Release Notes)
- Actively participate in development and writing of high-quality documents (highly technical submission level documents)
Skills and Qualifications
You have a certification in Technical Writing. You have demonstrated experience (3 years minimum) writing technical documents for complex products in an industrial regulated environment. You have a university degree in a technical, science or health-related field. You have proven your passion for writing and your ability to write for the intended audience of a text. This can be either in scientific work that has lead to e.g. a PhD, or in other publication or communication work in which you needed to produce technical or scientific texts that make your point clear to the reader.
• Experience in the development of submission-level documents
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word skills (editing tools, creating and modifying tables and inserting figures) and document management techniques
• Ability to identify and institutionalize work practices that are most effective in order to ensure consistency in performance
• Broad experience and technical expertise with medical devices and ability to share this knowledge to deliver business successes and actively transfer this knowledge to strength the skill base across the organization
Experience with medical device standards is an additional advantage.
As a person you are an efficient networker who quickly adapts to the varying projects you are working on. You have good communication skills and are a team player by heart. You are motivated by the quality of documentation, and by working in cross-professional development teams. You are dedicated about your work, are self-managed and constantly focused on your goals. You enjoy writing and you understand how a well-written text can make the reader understand better and faster what the text conveys.
Finally, you are fluent in English (spoken and written).
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.