Would you like to define the future software in our devices and play an important part in our journey towards the next generation of Cochlear implants?
Do you want to improve the life experience of people with a hearing disability?
And do you have solid experience within DevOps for embedded software and feature development?
Then we have an exciting position as DevOps Software Developer at Oticon Medical.
In Oticon Medical, we are committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. Therefore, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Join us to help develop the next generation of cochlear implant hearing solutions and leverage the potential of our newly introduced devices.
Join a highly skilled team within product development
In your new role, you will be part of a multi-site team, and focus on two areas: Toolchain for our Continuous Delivery Pipeline and Embedded software solutions for our cochlear implants. You will be part of the site in Smørum (Denmark), and have daily cooperation with our embedded software solutions team in Nice (France). Embedded software solutions are more than 25 colleagues’ cross sites – and we are growing in size due to an increased demand for our high-quality cochlear implant solutions.
When joining our team, you will be part of a large international R&D organization where you will have a strong interface towards all other R&D functions in Oticon Medical distributed between Smørum (Denmark), Nice (France) and Stettin (Poland). Furthermore, you will have a strong interface towards the Oticon hearing instrument group, to maximize the synergy of our hearing solutions.
We develop our products within projects and here you will work with several stakeholders, like System Engineering, Electronics, Verification & Validation etc.
In your day-to-day work, you will be a part of a SCRUM set-up practicing the Agile methodology. Together, you will help build and set your fingerprint on our future products. You will also ensure that our continuous delivery pipeline is effective and accelerate our development flow.
Help develop and accelerate the best embedded software solutions
Your primary responsibility will be, in cooperation with your teammates, to help increase the velocity of the development teams, by building and effective development environment infrastructure for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Therefore, you will:
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle and uses this to assist in building and supporting the Agile development environment
- Develop and maintain the toolchain, that supports the Continuous delivery pipeline – i.e., maintain infrastructure work to build, integrate, deploy and release software effectively
- Support a frequent integration across multiple stages of the continuous integration pipeline
- Cooperate with the system operators, and IT operations staff to manage the continuous automated process and ensure that the systems are running smoothly.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of technological automation tools
- Oversee the operations and make release and development processes more efficient
- Stay up-to-date with the latest development technologies and tools
- Ensure that compliance and security controls are upheld and that systems are safe from cybersecurity attacks
- Assist in monitoring the effectiveness of CI/CD pipeline and implement automation were best suitable
Moreover, we will also have an important role in training colleagues in the tools we choose to implement.
Solid experience with embedded software and tool chain development
To succeed in this role you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- A solid background in Agile and DevOps principles
- 5+ years of experience with embedded software development (C & C++)
- 3+ years of experience configuring and maintaining development tools (Teamcity, Git, cmake etc.)
- Preferably experience with various programming languages and script languages like Bash/Phyton – and the willingness to learn more
- Experience in medical device software development incl. quality/design control will be a big plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Can communicate fluently in English as you will take part of a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of design control standards and regulations will be a bonus – e.g. FDA, MDR, IEC 62304, ISO 14971
- Systematic with Problem-solving skills
As a person, you are curious, structured, and eager to learn. You have a strong sense of integrity and a scientific focus. You possess good communication skills, enjoy teamwork and have excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
Come join us!
You can look forward to a position with lots of opportunities to learn and to influence the future of cochlear implant hearing. We are working on products that really make a difference for the end users, and in an area where there are still many innovations to be made.
Kindly submit your application as soon as possible, as we are screening applications on a continuous basis. Deadline for applications is September 28, 2021. For questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Sound Processor CI, Paola Sima, email@example.com or +45 6092 7431, We look forward to hearing from you.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.