Would you like to define the future software in our devices and play an important part in our journey towards the next generation of Cochlear implants?
Do you want to improve the life experience of people with a hearing disability?
And do you have a strong experience in architectural work within embedded software?
Then we have an exciting position as Embedded Software Platform Architect at Oticon Medical.
In Oticon Medical, we are committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. Therefore, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Join us to help develop the next generation of cochlear implant hearing solutions and leverage the potential of our newly introduced devices.
Join a highly skilled team within product development
In your new role, you will be part of a multi-site team focusing on embedded software solutions for our cochlear implants. You will be part of the site in Smørum (Denmark), and have daily cooperation with our embedded software solutions team in Nice (France). Embedded software solutions are more than 25 colleagues cross sites – and we are growing in size due to an increased demand for our high-quality cochlear implant solutions.
When joining our team, you will be part of a large international R&D organization where you will have a strong interface towards all other R&D functions in Oticon Medical distributed between Smørum (Denmark), Nice (France) and Stettin (Poland). Furthermore, you will have a strong interface towards the Oticon hearing instrument group, to maximize the synergy of our hearing solutions.
We develop our products within projects and here you will work with several stakeholders, like System Engineering, Electronics, Verification & Validation, Electro acoustics, Research & Technology, Clinical etc.
Together with our existing architects you will help build and set your fingerprint in our future architecture. In your day to day work, you will be a part of a SCRUM set-up practicing the Agile methodology.
Help build Architecture & Development in Software Engineering
Your primary responsibility will be to bring the best suitable architecture for our future Cochlear Implant Hearing Systems. You will be involved in current product development projects enabling future products and solutions. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Architect complex embedded software products with technology leadership as per standards and meeting customer expectations.
- Collaborate with our Architects in choosing the technology and tools for solution proposals. Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies
- Close collaboration with project managers & system architects and other key stakeholders
- Provides direction and goals to our agile teams, in line with the business strategies
- Resolve technical conflicts make trade-offs and resolve technical problems.
- Upgrade own and team professional knowledge and skills
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Define and evaluate standards and best practices for the technology area of expertise
- Make recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and delivery of services using technology and methodologies
- Contribute to technical review meetings, influencing and improving customer satisfaction
Solid experience on embedded software
To succeed in this role you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with low level embedded software development (C/C++) in RTOS or microkernel environment
- Good understanding in embedded software development and translation of needs to product design
- A disciplined adherence to regulatory mandated product. Experience with IEC 62304 is preferred
- Experience creating software architectures (design oriented) using cutting-edge tools and methodologies
- Experience working in a regulated development environment with a commitment to thoroughness in the execution of plans
- Understanding of wireless technologies (BLE) is a plus
- Experience with Scrum and Agile ways of working
As a person, you are curious, structured, and eager to learn. You have a strong sense of integrity and a scientific focus. You possess good communication skills and enjoy teamwork.
Come join us!
You can look forward to a position with lots of opportunities to learn and to influence the future of cochlear implant hearing. We are working on products that really make a difference for the end users, and in an area where there are still many innovations to be made.
Kindly submit your application as soon as possible, as we are screening applications on a continuous basis. Deadline for applications is September 28, 2021. For questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Sound Processor CI, Paola Sima, firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 6092 7431, We look forward to hearing from you.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.