Electronic Hardware Engineer / Team Leader at Oticon Medical
Did you know that our Cochlear Implants are designed to deliver hearing through electrical stimulation, and that this requires the perfect balance between different sound processing technologies to enhance listening and speech understanding, whatever the environment?
Does this statement intrigue you to get your hands in our electronics to know what it is all about? And do you believe, like we do, in our goal to contribute to the improvement of the life experience for people with a hearing disability?
Then we would like to invite you to see it from our side.
We venture beyond what is technically possible
If you want to:
• Design, develop and launch medical products,
• Manage Electronic project development
• Define Hardware architecture as well as design requirements
• Test and Verify Design performance as well as regulatory compliance.
• Manage product support and components obsolescence
Then keep reading!
In Oticon Medical we are committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. We develop implantable medical devices which requires custom IC’s, development of our own transducers, custom wireless solutions and tailormade electro acoustic solutions. If you have experience from developing similar electronic products and crave something new, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an international team and speak English as standard. We support each other and constantly share feedback and knowledge to improve our results. We work in multisite teams, located across Denmark, France and Sweden, therefore some travel activity between the sites must be expected.
Electronics development for medical devices
We offer you a position where you will be part of Oticon Medical R&D consisting of three development sites; Smørum in Denmark, Gothenburg in Sweden and Sophia Antipolis on the French Riviera.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary and competent product development team together with electro-acoustic engineers, audiologists, embedded system designers and software developers. Interaction with development teams at other Oticon Medical sites, with internal and external subcontractors and with production facilities will be a natural part of your daily routine.
Your competencies will elevate the following responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, and launching Cochlear Implant products.
- Work in close collaboration with Project manager, System engineering, Quality and other groups to build the projects requirements.
- Detail Electronic project planning and associated tasks / workload
- Creating electronic schematic, specifying the PCB design requirements and follow-up the activity with suppliers.
- Design, verify and characterize electronic solution through a combination of simulation and physical laboratory testing on prototype series and final design.
- Develop and execute tests plans to ensure design verification and regulatory testing.
- Define and specify protocols and test procedures to support mass production.
- Ensure technical support of existing products.
As part of the Demant Group, Oticon Medical benefits from state-of-the-art facilities within prototyping, reliability testing, tools manufacturing and production technologies. Furthermore, you will have easy access to a vast pool of designs and knowledge from platform development teams in the Demant Group.
We expect you bring to the table, several of the skills listed below:
- > 5 years’ experience on Electronic Engineering
- Relevant experience in project or team management
- Experience of analog and mixed electronic circuits with strong constraints (interference, very low power, reliability).
- Knowledge of reliability and safety aspects as well as electronic regulatory standards is appreciated.
- Experience in medical or other highly regulated environments is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in development processes and in documentation writing is required.
- Driven by results, Problem-solving skills and attention to detail with a focus on quality.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- “Agile” experience is appreciated
- English (spoken/written).
To be quickly successful in our organization, you are an efficient networker who quickly adapts to the varying projects you are working on.
You work effortlessly in English and enjoy working with a team of diverse cultural background. We believe the best results comes from a fruitful team work and would like you to emphasize this too.
Furthermore, we are passionate about our tech, and we hope you are motivated by being hands-on developing electronic hardware with a clear focus on customer needs.
A proper work-life balance is a key focus area in our organization and while flexibility goes both ways you are able to travel up to 15 days per year.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.