Are you an engineer passionate for technology and advances in science?
Do you want to improve the life experience of people with a hearing disability?
And do you have a strong experience in technical audiology and signal processing?
Then we have an exciting position as Audiology and Signal Processing Engineer at Oticon Medical.
In Oticon Medical, we are committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. Therefore, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Join us to help develop the next generation of cochlear implant hearing solutions and leverage the potential of our newly introduced devices.
Join a highly skilled team within product development
In your new role, you will be part of a highly skilled team focusing on audiology, signal processing. As our team is cross functional you will also work closely with FW & Mechanics engineers within the same team. We develop our products within projects and here you will work closely with several stakeholders, like System Engineering, Electro acoustics, Research & Technology, Clinical etc. We are based in Smørum, close to Copenhagen. We are part of a large international R&D organization where you will have a strong interface towards all other R&D functions in Oticon Medical, distributed between Copenhagen, Nice (France) and Stettin (Poland). Furthermore, you will have a strong interface towards the Oticon hearing instrument group, to maximize the synergy of our hearing solutions.
Your primary responsibility will be to bring the best of technical audiology and signal processing to our Cochlear Implant Hearing Systems. You will be involved both in current product development projects enabling future products and solutions. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participating in product development for innovative implantable hearing solutions
- Specification of audiological features and documentation according to regulatory requirements
- Designing audiological solutions and concepts
- Proposing and innovating on advanced signal processing algorithms for our Cochlear Implant Hearing Systems
- Working according to our Oticon Medical development cycle, which complies with regulatory requirements, to implement, optimize, verify, and document solutions.
- Providing the rest of the organization with support in terms of signal processing and technical audiology knowledge, through delivery of testing protocols, training, and technical evidence.
- In your day to day work you will work as a part of a SCRUM team practicing the Agile methodology.
Solid experience on technical audiology and signal processing
In your new position, you will be working with highly advanced and innovative medical devices. You have minimum 3 years of work experience and can tick off most of the following qualifications and competencies:
- Master or PhD degree in engineering or similar
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience within product development
- Good understanding of psychoacoustics/human sound perception, acoustics, and signal processing
- Experience using mathematical simulation languages (e.g., Simulink, Matlab)
- Good understanding of processes related to audio signal acquisition
- Acoustic measurements
As a person, you are curious, structured, and eager to learn. You have a strong sense of integrity and a scientific focus. You possess good communication skills and enjoy teamwork.
Come join us!
You can look forward to a position with lots of opportunities to learn and to influence the future of cochlear implant hearing. We are working on products that really make a difference for the end users, and in an area where there are still many innovations to be made.
Kindly submit your application as soon as possible, as we are screening applications on a continuous basis. Deadline for applications is September 28, 2021.For questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Sound Processor CI, Paola Sima: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 6092 7431, We look forward to hearing from you.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.