Project Manager for Product Development – Oticon Medical
Are you ready to make a difference for people with a profound hearing disability and are you fueled by challenges and by reaching ambitious goals? Is managing complex, high-tech product development projects in an international and multi-cultural setting part of your DNA? Is it second nature for you to motivate a team of development engineers to reach ambitious goals through teamwork and dedication?
Then you may be the Project Manager we are looking for to head development of market leading hearing implants solutions in Oticon Medical.
Be part of our exciting journey
Oticon Medical is a fast growing company in the area of cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing systems. Join us on our exciting journey and help us develop innovative implantable hearing solutions to improve the life of thousands of children and adults across the globe.
Multi-site project management of high-tech, innovative, Cochlear Implants solutions
You will be part of Oticon Medical Surgical Solutions department. You will work out of our site in Sophia Antipolis.
Your key responsibilities include
• Project planning & execution - from early concept phase to release for production
• Ensure deliveries comply with medical, regulatory and internal quality requirements
• Project reporting and milestone reviews according to our quality management system
• Delivery and review of product development specifications
• Pro-active stakeholder management - both to internal and to external partners or subcontractors
• Leading a skilled cross functional project team (Product Management, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, R&D, Customer Service, Clinical Affairs)
• Leadership and motivation of the people working in the project
Oticon Medical offers the opportunity to lead various types for projects: concept projects, new product development, and product sustaining.
The project team typically comprises all functions involved in bringing the product to the market: R&D (system, electroacoustic, mechanical, software), production, quality, marketing and reliability functions.
As Project Manager, you will be part of Oticon Medical’s Surgical Solutions organization, reporting to the Sr Director, Surgical Solutions.
Project Manager with proven track record in technical product development
In order for you to be a success in this position, it is vital for you to have a documented experience from similar jobs preferable from a company within the area of medical devices. Furthermore, we expect you to hold a relevant technical degree in combination with at least 5 years of experience from the above-mentioned areas.
To summarize the following skills and qualifications are required:
• A B.Sc. or an M.Sc. engineering degree or similar technical background
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in product development or R&D project management
• Experience from working with cross-professional teams across multiple sites
• Fluency in English (spoken/written); mastering French will be an advantage
• Experience from medical device development and medical device standards will be an advantage.
Results driven Team player by heart
As a person,
• You are results driven, and know how to set goals – and how to reach them with your team
• You think and act holistic and like to take responsibility
• You are a skilled in creating and maintaining good relations to all parts of the organization
• You have a natural authority in you management style
• You have a general technical insight and curiosity to support a multi-disciplinary work environment
• You are a team player by heart with a natural ability to motivate
• You are pragmatic and strive for efficiency in all that you do
• You are able to travel up to 20 days per year
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.