Mechanical Engineer for Cochlear Implant development
Are you ready to make a difference for people with a profound hearing disability and are you fueled by challenges and by reaching ambitious goals? Then we might have an exciting career for you as Mechanical Engineer F/M in the CI Implant team at Oticon Medical in Sophia Antipolis, on the French Riviera.
Oticon Medical is a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in both bone anchored hearing systems (BAHS) and Cochlear Implants (CI).
Multi-site Development of high-tech, innovative, implantable hearing solutions
In your new role you will be part of Oticon Medical R&D, which spans three sites; Smørum in Denmark, Gothenburg in Sweden and Sophia Antipolis on the French Riviera. You will be based in France. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary and high skilled product development team together with electronics engineers, embedded system engineers, software developers, VnV developers and Engineering. Interaction with development teams at other Oticon Medical sites, with internal and external subcontractors and with production facilities will be a natural part of your daily routine. You will report to the Head of CI Implant based in Sophia Antipolis.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Develop, design, and implement mechanical solutions for Cochlear Implant products,
• Work in close collaboration with project manager, System and other stakeholdres to build the projects requirements and design specifications,
• Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis to evaluate reliability and safety of mechanical design,
• Create 3D models and mechanical drawings (2D) for components and assemblies with associated tolerances, notes, revision tables and bills of material,
• Develop and execute tests plans to verify and qualify the mechanical design as well as regulatory requirements
• Work with internal and external manufacturing supplier to ensure cost-effective and producible designs (DFM),
• Act as administrator and super user to manage Creo software, updates, license and to support the team members.
• Ensure technical support of existing products.
As a person you:
• Have an advanced degree in mechanical engineering,
• Have a minimum of 5 years of experience on mechanical design and product development,
• Are motivated by hands-on mechanical design and product development in CAD,
• Have an advanced knowledge and proven experience as administrator with Creo and PLM (product lifecycle management),
• Have experience in medical or other highly regulated environments,
• Are Driven by results, Problem-solving skills and attention to detail with a focus on quality,
• Have the ability to manage your own tasks, and to work on multiple projects simultaneously,
• Being part of a global company, you are proficient in English (both spoken and written).
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.