Head of Electrodes – Oticon Medical, Cochlear Implants
Are you motivated by bringing fantastic products to the market and is the management of complex, high-tech product development projects part of your DNA? Is it second nature for you to motivate a team of development engineers to reach ambitious goals through teamwork and dedication? Do you want to contribute to the improvement of the life experience for people with a hearing disability?
Oticon Medical is committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. For that, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies.
Multi-site Development of high-tech, innovative, implantable hearing solutions
In your new role you will be part of Oticon Medical R&D consisting of three development sites; Smørum in Denmark, Gothenburg in Sweden and Sophia Antipolis on the French Riviera. You will be based in Sophia Antipolis, and you will be working in a multi-disciplinary and high skilled product development team. Interaction with development teams at other Oticon Medical sites, with internal and external subcontractors and with production facilities will be a natural part of your daily routine. You will report to the Senior Director, Surgical Solutions CI, based in Sophia Antipolis.
As Manager of the Electrode team, you will be responsible for:
• Personal manage a team of mechanical engineers
• Build a strong team spirit and an understanding of how to best contribute in the overall organization to achieve our overall goals and deliverables
• Ensure and further build the right competence and capacity according to plans and budget
• Ensure quality and regulatory compliance according to European and American standards (MDR/FDA) for the team deliverables (Medical Class 3 product)
• Improve internal processes and ways of working to ensure use of best practice, and pragmatic execution while compliant to standards
• Strong cooperation and coordination with the other part of the Surgical Development Team focus on Stimulator Development.
• Budget input and follow-up for own areas
• Help project organization with plans, estimates and resources for running and planned projects
• Engage with counterparts within the Research and Technology group to create synergies on development standards and technologies
• You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree within a relevant technical area
• Minimum 5 years of documented leadership experience
• Experience from Electrode Development or another Medical Device development industry
• Strong coordinator with Ability to coach and mentor team members and guide technical direction of teams.
• Excellent team builder and team player
• Fluent in English
• Fluent in French is appreciated.
• Able to travel 10-15 days a year
As a person you:show a lot of drive and passion.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.