Are you motivated by creating products that have a direct impact on the quality of people’s lives?
Do you want to returning hearing to the hearing impaired? Do you enjoy leading in cross functional teams with R&D, Marketing, Production and even Surgeons? Then we might have an exciting career for you as Sr Mechanical Engineer F/M in the Electrode Development team at Oticon Medical in Sophia Antipolis, on the French Riviera.
Oticon Medical is a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in both bone anchored hearing systems (BAHS) and Cochlear Implants (CI).
Multi-site Development of high-tech, innovative, implantable hearing solutions
In your new role you will be part of Oticon Medical R&D, which spans three sites; Smørum in Denmark, Gothenburg in Sweden and Sophia Antipolis on the French Riviera. You will be based in France. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary and high skilled product development team together with electro-acoustic engineers, audiologists, embedded system designers and software developers. Interaction with development teams at other Oticon Medical sites, with internal and external subcontractors and with production facilities will be a natural part of your daily routine. You will report to the Head of CI Implants based in Sophia Antipolis.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Technical leader responsible for the design and development of technically complex implantable products through all phases of the product development process
- Prioritize tasks, manage a dynamic workload, apply strong written and verbal interpersonal skills to interact with multi-functional project teams, management, sales and physicians
- Create design documentation and perform design reviews
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of materials and designs
R&D senior Mechanical Engineer F/M with a proven track record
In order for you to be a success in this job, you must have documented similar experience in the medical device field. A minimum of 5 years in new product development experience in implantable medical devices is required.
Furthermore, we expect you to hold a B.Sc. or a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical background.
Fluency in English is mandatory.
Six Sigma certification or PMP certification (or equivalent) a plus.
As a person you:
- Are results driven, and know how to set goals
- Have good communication skills and comfortable presenting to an audience of peers
- Are skilled in creating and maintaining good relations to all parts of the organization
- Are motivated by hands-on mechanical design and product development in CAD (e.g. Creo)
- Can excel in an environment of innovation with a high degree of technical insight and curiosity to support a multi-disciplinary work environment
- A team player with a natural ability to motivate
- Able to travel up to 20 days per year
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.