Quality Affairs & Regulatory Affairs (ba_FR_OTM_QARA)
Exciting position in a successful medical device company based in Nice (Vallauris, in the south of France)
Do you want to contribute to the improvement of the life experience for people with a hearing disability?
Then we might have an exciting career for you as Head of Quality Control.
Oticon Medical is committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. For that, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of Demant one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology.
In your new position, you will be part of the QARA department, in a high-tech environment specific to implantables devices. You will supervise a team of 6 people and work closely with Research & Development, Quality Management, Industrialization department, Production, Sales and Marketing departments.
Your mains areas of responsibility will be:
- Release of medical devices
- Participate to the definition / optimization of the sampling of components, semi-finished products and finished products subject to control.
- Manage the “quality control” process: being proactive in reducing inspection times and optimizing the organization for better efficiency.
- Manage metrology activities for Nice site
- Collaborate closely with other functions
- Ensure the presence and adequacy of the equipment necessary for the activity.
- Ensure compliance with the quality procedures in force.
- Guarantee the conformity of components, finished products and associated documentation by carrying out checks.
- Manage any non-conformities related to the activity and participate in the establishment and monitoring of CAPA leading to the reduction of rejection rates and non-quality costs.
- Support ongoing training for team members through coaching and practical training. Develop versatility between workstations.
- Perform internal audits and participate in third party audits.
- Set up unannounced audits on compliance with applicable procedures.
- Set up, maintain and communicate performance indicators and monthly activity report.
To succeed in this position, you must hold a technical degree (Bac+3 to Bac+5), in Mechanical or Metrology field, ideally supplemented by training in quality assurance / management. You also have 5 years of experience in a similar position including team management. You master the different control techniques of mechanical and electronic components intended for the production of medical devices. You practice written and spoken English.
As a person, you are:
- Rigorous, meticulous and organized
- You demonstrate leadership and have management skills
- Communication and teamwork are essential qualities to succeed in this position.
We believe in the good life
Oticon Medical offers many challenges in an international organization full of energy and expertise. The right candidate will learn very much in a short time span, since you will have the opportunity to work with all aspects of clinical studies. Personal and professional development is the foundation for the growth of our business.
We create solutions that allow people to live their lives to the fullest. We also recognize in order to bring energy and inspiration to work, you need to re-energize and spend time with family, friends and hobbies in a healthy work life balance.
About Oticon Medical
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. We are part of the Demant Group - one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies with more than 14,500 employees worldwide and revenues of over DKK 14 billion. We share a close link with Oticon and have direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. By working collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals, we ensure that every solution we create is designed with user needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them. Because we know how much sound matters.