◊Non-clinical testing has demonstrated that the Ponto Implant System is MR Conditional. A patient with this device can be safely scanned in a static magnetic resonance field of 1.5T and 3T only in an MR system meeting the conditions stated in Ponto Implant System accompanying documentation.
†For prescribed fittings, according to best practice and during normal use1
* Increased speech understanding when comparing performance with OpenSound Navigator ON relative to OpenSound Navigator OFF. Measured for the Ponto Mini style and Ponto 5 SuperPower style.7,8
** Measured for the Ponto Mini style7
⬡For indications and patient selection criteria, please refer to Ponto Candidacy Guide, Surgical Manual and Surgical Manual Addenda.
1. Data on File at Oticon Medical
2. O’Sullivan, et al. (2019). Hierarchical Encoding of Attended Auditory Objects in Multi-talker Speech Perception. Neuron, 104(6), 1195-1209.
3. Puvvada, K. C. et al. (2017). Cortical representations of speech in a multitalker auditory scene. Journal of Neuroscience, 37(38), 9189-9196.
4. Caspers CJI, et al. A clinical evaluation of minimally invasive Ponto surgery with a modified drill system for inserting bone anchored hearing implants. Accepted in Otol Neurotol 2020.
5. Holmes S, et al. Tissue preservation techniques for bone anchored hearing aid surgery. Otol Neurotol. 2021; Publish Ahead of Print.
6. Lagerkvist H, et al. (2020). Ten years of experience with the Ponto bone anchored hearing system – A systematic literature review. Clin Otolaryngol. 45(5):667-680.
7. Data on File at Oticon Medical - Clinical study BC102
8. Data on File at Oticon Medical - Clinical study BC109