†For prescribed fittings, according to best practice and during normal use8
*Increased speech understanding when comparing performance with OpenSound Navigator ON relative to OpenSound Navigator OFF. Measured for the Ponto Mini style and Ponto 5 SuperPower style.1,9
**Measured for the Ponto Mini style1
1. Data on file at Oticon Medical - Clinical study BC102
2. O’Sullivan, et al. (2019). Hierarchical Encoding of Attended Auditory Objects in Multi-talker
Speech Perception. Neuron, 104(6), 1195-1209.
3. Puvvada, K. C. et al. (2017). Cortical representations of speech in a multitalker auditory scene.
Journal of Neuroscience, 37(38), 9189-9196.
4. Amieva, H., et al. (2018). Death, depression, disability, and dementia associated with self-reported hearing problems: a 25-year study. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, 73(10), 1383-1389
5. Lin, F. R., et al. (2011). Hearing loss and incident dementia. Archives of Neurology, 68(2), 214-220
6. Lin, F. R., et al. (2012). Hearing loss and falls among older adults in the United States. Archives of internal medicine, 172(4), 369-371
7. Callaway, Susanna (2019). Introduction to OpenSound Optimizer™. Oticon Whitepaper
8. Data on file at Oticon Medical
9. Data on file at Oticon Medical - Clinical study BC109