About the studies
A systematic review of the literature was carried out to find studies that have been published or presented at international scientific conferences; all studies in which a Ponto sound processor was compared to another sound processor were included. We wanted to include all studies that have been presented, regardless of the results. We found a total of 10 studies that met these criteria. The data comprises the Ponto, Ponto Pro and Ponto Pro Power sound processors, first-time users as well as experienced users of other bone anchored hearing systems, and a variety of types of hearing loss.
1. Olsen, S. et al. (2011). Comparison of two bone anchored hearing instruments: BP100 and Ponto Pro. International Journal of Audiology, 50, 920–928.
2. Bosman, A. et al. (2013). Evaluation of a powerful new bone-anchored hearing system: a comparison study. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 24 (6), 505–13.
3. Oeding, K. & Valente, M. (2013). The effectiveness of the directional microphone in the Oticon Medical Ponto Pro. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 24 (8), 701–13.
4. Hill-Feltham, P. et al. (2014). Digital processing technology for bone-anchored hearing aids: a randomised comparison of two devices in hearing aid users with a mixed or conductive hearing loss. Journal of Laryngology & Otology, 14, 1–9.
5. Busch, S. et al. Audiological results and patient satisfaction with Baha BP 110 and Ponto Pro Power: results from a prospective clinical study. Presentation at 4th International Symposium on Bone Conduction Hearing — Craniofacial Osseointegration, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, June 2013.
6. Soli et al. Within-subject comparison of speech perception in quiet and in noise for patients with single-sided deafness fitted with the BP100 and Ponto osseointegrated implant speech processors. Presentation at 12th International Conference on Cochlear Implants and Other Implantable Auditory Technologies, Baltimore, USA, May, 2012.
7. Bosman, A. et al. Evaluation of Cochlear BP-100 and Oticon Ponto Pro sound processors. Poster at 3rd International Bone Conduction Hearing — Craniofacial Osseointegration (Osseo) Conference, Sarasota, USA, March 2011.
8. Ortega, C. et al. Performance of the Ponto Pro and BP 100 processors in patients with single-sided deafness (SSD). Presentation at 3rd International Bone Conduction Hearing — Craniofacial Osseointegration (Osseo) Conference, Sarasota, USA, March 2011.
9. Stenfelt, S. Comparing two digital bone conduction hearing aids in experienced users: a two-centre study. Presentation at 3rd International Bone Conduction Hearing — Craniofacial Osseointegration (Osseo) Conference, Sarasota, USA, March 2011.
10. Olsen, S. et al. Field test of a new bone anchored system. Poster at 22nd Annual Convention of the American Academy of Audiology (AAA) — Audiology Now, San Diego, USA, April 2010.